Photo via Pexels
Author: Ron Kane of winterguys.com
The world needs more business owners who care about the planet. Businesses play an essential role in responsible resource utilization and the protection and preservation of our natural environment. Becoming an ecopreneur is a great way to get involved in your community, support the environment, and do your part for our beautiful planet. Wondering where to start? We’ve collected some great resources to help you out!
Launching Your Eco-Friendly Business
Like starting any business, you will need to navigate a number of legal, financial, and analytical steps as you get your business ready for launch.
- Decide on an eco-friendly business idea that aligns with your values.
- Conduct market research to determine whether or not there is a need for your product or service.
- Choose a business entity and register your business in California.
- Pay attention to your “triple bottom line” and aim to balance your social, environmental, and financial goals equally.
- Take steps to create an eco-conscious workplace.
- Pleco can help your business save on water usage, a net positive for your bottom line and the environment.
Build Your Business Credibility
Sustainability-focused advertising comes with the risk of consumers accusing your business of greenwashing. Take the time to create credible brand messaging that your customers will trust!
- Produce credible, authoritative, and trustworthy blog content.
- Build credibility into your business brand messaging.
- Seek accredited sustainability certifications and awards.
- Try to engage your eco-friendly customers on social media.
- Be careful to avoid greenwashing in your marketing efforts.
Starting a business that gives back to your community and the planet is one of the most fulfilling things you can do. While it’s not going to be easy, hard work and planning will get you far! Take advantage of all the resources that are available to you to learn your way around business ownership and get your idea off the ground.